Feb 20, 2012

new dresses...

I finally cut out and sewed a couple of sweet little dresses from some Riley Blake fabric I've had since last summer.

Both were simple peasant style dresses so they went together simply and just left the fun of embellishing to finish them off.

This long sleeved one is Simplicity pattern #2348.  The only change I made to it was adding the rolled flower to the band.  I think it would make a cute Easter dress for a lucky little girl.  This one went was sent to my local fabric shop for display.

The short sleeved one is one I make all the time.  The pattern is also Simplicity #5695.  I added the band at the bottom, rick-rack, and the gathered bands.

 Of course, I couldn't resist a covered button just to finish it off.  This one if for my sweet little Emily.

I have new fabric and a couple of new patterns to get busy on just as soon as I finish some covered notebooks for my bible study ladies.  I am anxious to show you a quick little tutorial on them.  I think they turned out adorable.

Have a wonderfully, creative week.  Patty

Feb 3, 2012

altered journals

I'm excited to show you a couple of altered journals I made for a swap this month.  The ladies should be getting their packages today so I feel safe sharing the pictures.

It was so fun to dive into my stash and actually cut into the vintage lace hankies and ribbon that I've been hoarding.

Both ladies love soft vintage colors...

lots of lace...beads...buttons...and ribbons.

I can't wait to see what they send my way. 

I just finished the last row of borders on a quilt that I started early last year.  I'll take some pictures today and be back to share it with you soon. 

Have a wonderful weekend, Patty