Jan 3, 2010

dinner rolls...

My mother in law made the most delicious dinner rolls from scratch...they never looked perfect to her...sometimes they didn't rise enough...sometimes they rose too much...sometimes they didn't brown on the bottom...sometimes they were a little too brown...but to us they were just delicious. I remember the smell...the way the butter she melted over the top soaked into them just as they came out of the oven...exactly how it felt as you tore one apart and of course the taste as you popped that first bite in your mouth. We always ate family style and the choice as you got to the rolls was not should I take one...but should I take one...or two?

This is the next page of the recipe book I am making...the paper is from Basic Grey, Nook and Pantry...
The sentiment and cut-out heart are from ADORNit...


I typed up the recipe for dinner rolls and tucked it inside...

This recipe book started out as a gift for someone else but the sweet memories it is evoking have turned it into such a beautiful gift to me.
I've already finished the next page but I have to find the perfect recipe and memory to go with it...I think I have something in mind...
Sweet memories,
Patty

No comments: