Feb 20, 2012

new dresses...

I finally cut out and sewed a couple of sweet little dresses from some Riley Blake fabric I've had since last summer.

Both were simple peasant style dresses so they went together simply and just left the fun of embellishing to finish them off.

This long sleeved one is Simplicity pattern #2348.  The only change I made to it was adding the rolled flower to the band.  I think it would make a cute Easter dress for a lucky little girl.  This one went was sent to my local fabric shop for display.

The short sleeved one is one I make all the time.  The pattern is also Simplicity #5695.  I added the band at the bottom, rick-rack, and the gathered bands.

 Of course, I couldn't resist a covered button just to finish it off.  This one if for my sweet little Emily.

I have new fabric and a couple of new patterns to get busy on just as soon as I finish some covered notebooks for my bible study ladies.  I am anxious to show you a quick little tutorial on them.  I think they turned out adorable.

Have a wonderfully, creative week.  Patty


Leslie said...

Wow!!!! Its been a while since I have visited. That dress is GORGEOUS! !!!

Beverly said...

Both are oh so adorable, Patty. Love the rolled rose. You need to do a tutorial on that too.

Susie said...

You are good !!! cute colors too. Smiles to you, Susie(She Junks)