Jul 5, 2009

4th of July








Well, another 4th of July has come and gone. I don't know if it was just me or were people extra patriotic this year. It seems like the tough economic times have once again brought us closer together as a nation, proud to be an American. We had family over this 4th for BBQ, nothing fancy just a good, relaxing time. I did try the Picnic Salad that Michelle Wooderson at Mish Mash shared the recipe for. I even put it into cute little mason jars. At first my husband kind of gave me that look but I think he secretly enjoyed the extra touch. The pictures I posted are of our newly shuttered windows and my 4th of July porch. I had trouble finding a small, patriotic flag and I had a 4th of July fabric panel that my sister in law gave me to make a small quilt with. I got up the nerve to cut it up and made the flag and the small pillows on the rockers. I actually have enough left over to make a small quilt tablecloth for next year. Enjoy the pictures and sew some seeds of hope in someones life. Patty

1 comment:

Janelle Stollfus said...

Oh! Are those pillows still on the chairs? That makes them so inviting to come and sit a spell! I love your blog and {D}'s. Such a great idea to distinguish those posts from others. Great job.