Jun 9, 2010

cottage sisters...the home tour continues with the red rooms...


Thanks for joining me again...

I was editing the gazillion pictures I took and decided to post the red rooms today and save the pink rooms for tomorrow...

  

It makes sense to begin as you enter her home into her adorable living room...


Can you tell she loves pillows?  She has some of the prettiest I've seen anywhere.

 

She's lucky enough to have high ceilings in here...her husband Dave custom made the shelves and bookcases she uses to display her wares...


Theirs is definitely a team effort...he has the ability to either envision what she sees or just trust that she knows what she's doing.  Either way, it's a winning combination.


This is one of her favorite displays...notice the nice big armoire...it's mine.  Well, let me clarify... it will be mine once the TV it houses tears up...is it bad for me to wish that will happen sooner rather than later?...


A small sample of her collection of jadiete...I love that she mixes the old with the new.




Okay, now we're moving into the dining area...


This large farmhouse table has a nice big bench seat full of comfy pillows...


A fresh bouquet of daisies just for our visit...how sweet! 
She picks up the vintage salt and pepper shakers for a song and then paints the lids to match her decor...


Aren't these the coolest cherry glasses?


This is the area between her dining room and kitchen...




I love this display on her kitchen counter.  She has a nice wide island area for her prep work so having her things displayed in the kitchen is not a space issue...


Even her spices look cute in this repurposed display shelf...


She left the doors off these cabinets...you can see why.  What a perfect area to display more of her great finds.


I wish you could see it all in person.  My limited photography skills just don't do it justice.  Trust me, this is just the tip of the iceberg...

I've been encouraging her to start her own blog...I know the stories that go along with her decorating would only enhance her adorable cottage.  Maybe one day soon...

I'll leave you with this for now...
but if you are a pink lovin' girl, you're gonna love tomorrows post!

Don't forget, you still have a few days left to enter my Anniversary giveaway.  Just click on the picture at the top of my sidebar...

Happy Thursday,
Patty

I'm linking Shelly's cottage up to the following sites...
 BNOTP - Tablescape Thursday

20 comments:

Unknown said...

I wish I could see it too...it looks like a wonderful place to live... it is the perfect colors! I love RED!!!! Mica/The Child's Paper

Lynn said...

Wow, such fun things, it's just too cute! Looking forward to seeing the pink!

Diane said...

I was excited when I got up this am and saw a new post.....I am so loving her home and its "stuff"...like I mentioned before, I also have lots of red and cherries in my home, though not as much as she has or none of those yummy pillows, and I can't use white as we have cats, and we have a "log cabin"...sigh!!! I had to click on the photos so I could see all the "lovelies" in greater detail...WOW!!! I do love pink, too so can't wait to see the next days...and yes, she needs to have a blog...thanks for sharing...blessings!!

Vanessa said...

I love all the red accents, it must have taken lots of patients and dedication to stage this all, very well balanced spaces! Nice pictures, too! I know the challenge of shooting indoors!

Kim @ Savvy Southern Style said...

Oh Patty, this is just too adorable. It's like a going back in time when life was so much simpler. I adore that farm table with the vintage tablecloth. Thanks for sharing these with us. Too cute!

Robin@DecoratingTennisGirl said...

Wow, so much to see! It is all so cute and put together so well. Thanks for sharing with us!
xo
Robin

Sandi@ Rose Chintz Cottage said...

How wonderful is your friend's home! I just love her vignette on top of the armoire! Red is such a happy colour. Thanks for sharing and I'm looking forward to seeing her pink. Enjoy your day.

Blessings,
Sandi

Sharon Haynie said...

So cute! We want to see more of her home! I love the red-cherries and everything. thanks for taking the time to share with us today.

thesimpledaze said...

OMG I totally love everything that I have seen so far.All the red the apples the cherries I love the way she displays it all.The way she puts the old with the new is great.I just redone my kitchen and am using red with light green.I am trying to go for the cottage farm house look and have really just got started on it I was always very primitive with lots of black and beige.Now I am white and red so I have gotten alot of ideas looking at yours today.Thanks sooo sooo much for sharing I really loved it.Please talk more to her about blogging I would definitely be a follower.

Barb said...

Hi Patty, the pictures are just wonderful. What a charming and happy home this is. So glad you shared with us.

Have a wonderful weekend.

Barb ♥

Simply Shelley said...

I love it all....she should be feature in a magazine....I will be back for more...blessings

Heather Rogers said...

All I can say is WOW! That is alot of red. I can't wait to see the pink...that is my favorite. :)

Carolyn said...

Wow, Patty! Her home is so adorable! I am leaning more and more towards red decor these days! This is so sweet and cozy...I adore the living room and that lamp and lampshade is so pretty!

I have been away for over a week on vacation trip and just now having a chance to catch up on your blog! I am so glad you decided to keep up the blogging, my sweet blogging friend! Your posts are so sweet and I love your touch of added godly inspiration and verses! :)

Love ya!
Carolyn

Michelle @ Sweet Something Design said...

How fun! Very vintage~love it! Impressive collection of Jadite!

Donna said...

Love, love, love this. She really has the knack.
Can't wait to see more!

Barbara said...

So many pretties! Thanks for sharing.

Diane said...

A woman after my own heart. I'd love to see more kitchen pictures. I'm looking for ideas to redo my own and I love her ideas.

pogonip said...

I'm in heaven! Her red rooms are so cheery and fun.

Angela said...

I have sat here enlarging every picture. Drooling over everything. Sorry, wiped it all up for ya,lol. Than I see it..she has a RED PHONE ALSO..my goodness gracious girl! I want to be her! Here I thought I was the red lover..everyone KNOWS me as the red lover..and than you bring her along..oh my goodness,,,I just adore every thing about her home...she is amazing!

Manuela@A Cultivated Nest said...

I think I've died and gone to heaven LOL! LOVE the red room and would LOVE to see more. She has so much cute stuff to look at!

Manuela