Jun 14, 2011

paper pretties...

I'm sorry for being away so long.  It seems time got away from me again.  Does it sound like that's the story of my life lately?



Last night I was inspired to pull together some paper and embellishments for a couple of new cards.  This beautiful paper is from Pink Paislee and made it very easy to be inspired.


I thought it would be fun if I went through all my beautiful stash of lovelies and put together a little inspiration station.  Papertrey stamps, pretty pearls, silk ribbon and lace...



I even broke into my new stash of wrinkled seam binding...


Seeing it all laid out always gets my creative juices flowing.  If you haven't tried working like this, I highly encourage you to give it a try.  The colors, patterns and textures make putting a project together a breeze.  The trick is in knowing when to stop adding stuff...A lesson I am still learning.

I promise I'll share the finished cards tomorrow.

Thanks for stopping by, Patty.

4 comments:

Heather Rogers said...

Look at all those pretty papers and embellishments. Can't wait to see the finished product. :)
Hugs~

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

So many pretties. How can you not be inspired. I love the wrinkled seam binding. Where did you find it. Can't wait to see what you do with it and how you combineall the elements into a card. I know what you mean about time...where does it go.

NanaDiana said...

Patty-Nice to see you back- Looking forward to seeing your cards! Hugs- Diana

Carolyn said...

Hey Sweet Little Buddy!

Thank you for your prayers!! I certainly need them....just not feeling overly confident for the test in the morning! My brain has turned to mush....I think all of the learning, classes, training since November...my brain is DONE! I appreicate your prayers though....if I pass, I will only pass because of HIM!! :D

My neck is 100% better!! :) Thank you for asking!! Came and went just out of the blue!! Gave me a little bit of insight of the pain people often bear with back and neck issues. So thankful that I don't have a history of constant problems like that!!

Patty, you make the most beautiful "pretties"....I KNOW the results of this project will be amazing!! :D

TTYL my friend!! LOL!!! So thankful I met you through "blogland"...You are such a treasure!!

Love you! Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine