Sep 9, 2010

goodbye summer garden...

I went out after work today to do a little trimming before the green waste comes tomorrow...


It's always a little sad when the cutting back and pulling out begins...

My garden started out with a bang this year but ended with a putter...

These are the last of my blooms...



a few lonely zinnia...

This weekend I will prune and pull in earnest and ready the porch for fall...



Already planning my winter and spring gardens in my mind.

Even is Southern California, there is beauty in every season.

Blessings,
Patty

6 comments:

Pam said...

I hate seeing my blooms wither and fade with the coming of fall. But I do look forward to getting pumpkins and mums to set out. And you are right, there is beauty in every season.

Unknown said...

This is my first time to your blog. I enjoy all your pictures.

We haven't had any rain for almost 2 months so most of my flowers have died. I'm making my plans for next year though.

Carolyn said...

Hi Patty!

Yeah, my flowers look pretty pathetic now too! I agree bring out the mums and pumpkins! :D I love this time of year and those two items are a big part of it! :)

Hugs, Carolyn ~ Cottage Sunshine

GardenOfDaisies said...

LOVE your zinnias! They are always the last flower to go. :-)

Kirsty Vittetoe said...

Yes, there are beauty in every season, I said that from the desert too! Lovely images, thanks for sharing, always love your home and garden pictures!

Lois Hughes said...

Hi Patty. I have found your blog today and love so many parts of it, especially how you incorporate your faith into it.