Sep 13, 2010

Sorry PW...

Don't ask me why but I've been having this ongoing infatuation with Chicken Fried Steak...
I mean, how can you go wrong?

You mix the best part of fried chicken...


With steak.


I first indulged in this fantasy about a year ago at a well know Chicken Restaurant in the area.  I dare to admit that I'm really not that fond of their fried chicken (heresy I know), so I thought I would try their chicken fried steak. 


I took one bite and almost lost my lunch...
How could something that sounds so perfect end up so wrong?  (Sounds like a few of my pre-marriage relationships. lol)



Still not satisfied that my infatuation was doused, I knew when I saw a recipe in my Pioneer Woman cookbook I would give it a try myself...I mean, PW wouldn't steer me wrong...She said every cowboy would fall in love with me if I made it for them (loose translation, not a guarantee)...
So last night, under much protest from dear hubby, I rustled us up some Chicken Fried Steak...


Sorry, PW...
I'm sure it was not your recipe but...
The infatuation is definitely over...
If the first few bites didn't convince me, then my rumbling, up all night stomach did.  I think I even felt Bear tossing and turning more than usual last night.


Sometimes relationships are just like that.

Feeling better about letting go,
Patty

Completed snowball quilt top...(yeah)

7 comments:

NanaDiana said...

LOL Patty~ I have had a few of those sour little surprises myself. Thinking I loved something...longing for it...making it and going....uh...what WAS I thinking? Glad you can go back to hating both chicken AND chicken fried steak and feel guilt-free~ Hugs- Diana

GratefulPrayerThankfulHeart said...

You may not believe this, but I have never had Chicken Fried Steak. Sounds like I am not missing much. I do love fried chicken (KFC) but I have tried many times making it at home and I just never get it as good. Lots of work and mess too.

I do love the pic of Bear. How cute with the black nose and all white fur!

Karen from Sew Many Ways... said...

I've never tried chicken fried steak before...glad you were my tester. Don't get me wrong...if it were in front of me, I would definitely try a bite. I'll heed your warning though.
Love, love, love your snowball quilt. The fabrics are so cute. You finished way before me. I need to focus on one thing at a time and not start a million project!
Take care,
Karen

GardenOfDaisies said...

The quilt looks great! Sorry your chicken fried steaks didn't come out as you hoped. I hope you have a chance to stop by my blog this week. I'm having a little giveaway.

Tales From My Empty Nest said...

I love your snowball quilt top. It turned out great and I especially like the border you put around it. The old vintage prints are wonderful. Love & blessings from NC!

Jayme Goffin, The Coop Keeper said...

Glenco LOVES Chicken Fried Steak - I've never had it, but now I'm hungry for it. I must say, I haven't been too thrilled with PW's cookbook.

marie said...

The snowball quilt is beautiful, love the fabric choices and colors!

About that chicken fried steak - I agree with you!