Sep 5, 2009

you inspire me... {D}



You inspire me...don't you just love this sentiment. To be inspirational or encouraging to someone, what a compliment. Don't take it lightly. This life we're living can be tough at times and if you can encourage someone to persevere or inspire someone to make a difference in their world or someone else's is huge!



My quiet time this morning, had me in Ephesians 1: 3-8. "All praise to God the Father who has showered us with every spiritual blessing in the heavenly realms because we are united with Christ...He has showered his kindness on us, along with all wisdom and understanding."


I am thinking how often I choose to go it alone in life. How often I make decisions or choices without calling on the spiritual blessings, wisdom and understanding that God has showered on me. I not talking which scent to buy at Bath & Body...I am talking about decisions that affect me and my family, whether it be financial, emotional, or spiritual.


I am a doer, not a contemplater by nature and that is not always a good thing. Yes, I get a lot done in 24 hours but what gets done is not always for the best in the long run. I am married to a contemplater, he will analyze the thing to death before beginning. Needless to say, painting a room together is not going to be a harmonious experience. In the time it takes him to decide on the color, purchase the right paint, determine if we have all the tools, prep the room and begin the job, I have put on two coats of paint and shoved the furniture back into place. But...two weeks later, I discover the paint color is wrong, I didn't cut the corners just right and the dresser is sticking to the wall because I didn't let it dry all the way. You get my point.


Ephesians 1 tells us that we were chosen by God which brought him great pleasure. He loves us simply because we are his, not because of the amount we do or don't do. He pours out grace on us, he showers us with every spiritual blessing. He has wisdom and understanding at our disposal if we would just ask for it.


So this brings me to the question...Why don't we call on him? Why don't we use what he has freely offered? Why do we go it alone based on our own limited, finite resource of wisdom and knowledge, when the creator of the universe has offered us his unlimited wisdom to draw on?


This lesson is definitely for me...Slow down...breathe...inquire...listen...obey.


Blessings,

Patty
The paper is My Minds Eye, Bloom & Grow, the sentiment is from Unity Stamp July KOM.

2 comments:

Sally said...

Pretty cards.

marie said...

I am enjoying my visit through your "blog archives".

This is an excellent post! Describes my husband and I to a "T".

A 'doer" and a "contemplater" ~ yep! That's us!! Thanks for some new insight.