Jan 24, 2010

goodness...

Friday I headed out to Anaheim for the CHA craft show.  I'm fortunate to only live about 3o miles away and even though it was still raining, I hopped on the freeway with my SIL, who graciously came along for the ride.  As  you know I am really trying hard not to make any new purchases this year unless I really need it to complete a project.  (Just a side note...need is such a subjective word).  Anyway, I was careful to only take in what cash I was planning on spending and didn't take in a credit card or even my ATM.  I don't think I made it past the first vendor without seeing something I needed...there's that word again.   What a fun and inspiring time we had.  My SIL doesn't even consider herself a crafter and her bags were full as well.  I just thought I'd show a sample of the crafty goodness I found...



The cherry stamp set is from Taylored Expressions and it was one of the things on my wish list so I was quick to snag it.  The 6x6 paper pads are not particularly new but I love Basic Grey and Cosmo Cricket so I just had to grab them, too.


All the little loose goodies in the middle were from the same vendor...he had all his ribbons and doo-dads placed in plastic cups on shelves.  His prices were some of the best I found.


Of course I had to make a stop at the Crafty Secrets booth...It was our last stop and definitely where I did the most damage.  Even my SIL dropped a bundle there...she is way into vintage and you can't beat Crafty Secrets to have it available in all it's shabby, cuteness.  Not to name drop...but I got a chance to meet Sandy the owner and Vicki Chrisman who has been such an encouragement to me.  What sweet ladies...definitely the highlight of my day.



The flowers and leaves in front are from Prima and we found them at a really good clearance price, too.  I also purchased some Copic Markers for under $4.00 a piece.  I didn't have my color chart so I had to be careful not to purchase what I already own so I only bought four.  On second thought, maybe it's a good thing I didn't have my chart...

Mind you this was only the public version of the Craft show...I can only imagine what the Vendor show is like.  All the never seen before goodness...maybe next year.

Excited to play with my new stuff,
Patty

2 comments:

Darlene said...

Aaaawwww man ... I am SO JEALOUS!!!! But living in Ohio ... too far to drive & too expensive to fly! Another time perhaps but I'm sure I would have been in B-I-G trouble financially had I lived as close as you!!! Did you see Julie Campbell? She was in the CS booth too!
You got some real yummies there ... can't wait to see what you create with them! {{sigh}}

Gwen said...

Looks like you had a great time! Wish I could go to a CHA! Maybe someday, but I would be like you, taking in only a certain amount!! Good plan!