Jan 9, 2010

paradigm... {D}

Our sermon series at church this month is entitled "Paradigm". It has to do with thought shifts...changing how we think things should be and why. Today's paradigm had to do with going from a sense of "Entitlement to Gratitude"...in our natural man, the more we get, the more we expect, the more we feel entitled to...we become harder and harder to satisfy. It's like a child at Christmas that would have been completely happy with just one present but after opening present after present he loses focus on the gift and just starts searching for the next present.

God gives us what we need and desires to give us so much more, but when he gives us more we forget that our needs have been met and we begin to just want more for the sake of wanting more...because we believe that somehow we are now entitled to more.

Pastor gave us this food for thought...do you agree?

"As our enjoyment grows-our demand grows. As our demand grows-our entitlement grows. As our entitlement grows- our appreciation fades."

This one really got to me...It was a reminder to take stock of all of the needs God has met and how he has exceedingly blessed me above and beyond.

Speaking of blessings...I finished the recipe book and I pray it blesses the recipient as much as she has blessed me.


The cover...I love all the bows and doo-dads sticking out...it's kind of a hint of the good stuff to come.



and I love how fat it turned out...



A little peak at one of my favorite pages...I love the little heart postage stamp from TPC studio...

I know it kind of takes the surprise out of it because she reads my blog but what she won't see here are the little notes that I have tucked inside each recipe file. They tell the memories that each of these dishes brings back to me...favorite birthday meals... kneading with hands of love...Christmas morning cookies...that will be for her eyes only.
I want to leave you with one final quote by G.K. Chesterson, I pray you're blessed by it...
"Here ends another day, during which I have had eyes , ears, hands and the great world around me. Tomorrow begins another day. Why am I allowed two?"
In His gratitude,
Patty

2 comments:

Darlene said...

What a wonderful, enlightening post! Thanks for that and also thanks for sharing this beautiful book ... GREAT job!! Your friend will certainly feel blessed to receive this wonderful art from the heart piece!

Dalayney's Doodles said...

Love the recipe book! Love the color combos and heck... just love everything about it! Thanks for sharing. :)