Jan 6, 2010

surrender... (D)

My devotional for this year is Oswald Chambers, My Utmost for His Highest. It is a wonderful, old classic book just full of wisdom and spiritual truths. Right now he is talking about surrendering all to give your utmost to Jesus. He says it takes..."a surrender of will...without reasoning, just out of pure obedience...shut out every other consideration...not the good of others, not the pain or sacrifice, not the embarrassment...only my utmost for His highest." So that has become my word for this year...Surrender...of my children...my grandchildren...my husband...my parents health...my finances...my very life.

"For I fully expect and hope that I will never be ashamed but that I will continue to be bold for Christ, as I have been in the past. And trust that my life will bring honor to Christ whether I live or die." Philippians 1:20


Something sweet and full of love...
The beautiful image on this card is from Heartwarming Vintage...the paper is by Pink Paislee...the cute pick is from Michael's...the flower is EK Success and the ribbon is PTI.

I've read somewhere that envelopes are highly overrated and since my cards keep getting thicker and thicker I can certainly see why. Guess this will just have to be hand delivered!

Blessings,
Patty

No comments: