Mar 18, 2010

mama's hands...

It’s Treasures and Trinkets Thursday again over at My Cottage Charm. I am so excited to share with you one of my most favorite treasures from my mom. I know I’ve said it before but I have been blessed with the most incredible mother. It’s hard to believe there was ever a time I thought she just didn’t “get me”…insert eyes rolling back in my head here…then I grew up and realized what a treasure she is. Any creative talent I have can be attributed to her. (Yes, I know God is the giver of all good and precious gifts, and I am thankful he gave me her genes!) No offense to my dad…he has his own wonderful qualities, but I still remember the “rabbit” he drew me when I was about ten...lol…

My mom made this quilt for my husband and my 25th wedding anniversary a couple of years ago. I just love the colors and the fabrics but the treasure is in the hands that lovingly stitched it together. These are the same hands that continue to care for my father, their five children, eleven grandchildren and five great grandchildren.



They say the hands show age like no other part of us…I say the hands show love like no other part of us. When I look down at my own hands…I am beginning to see the hands of my mother…I just pray that my children and grandchildren see them through eyes of love…just as I see hers.

Blessings,
Patty

4 comments:

My Cottage Charm said...

How very special your quilt must be to you. :) I love it! Your momma is a talented little soul....just like my mom! We are both blessed.
Thanks for linking up, by the way!
Have a blessed day. :)

Anonymous said...

That is so sweet of your mom. What a lady. How special. I'm sure you'll treasure it forever.

Victoria said...

Wow, your mom is talented and a handmade gift is always so much more meaningful!

pogonip said...

It's that handmade aspect that makes a quilt so special. Moms are the best! I'm blessed too in that regard.