Mar 31, 2010

sidetracked again...

Have you ever started one project only to be sidetracked midway?

...dumb question. 

I started out my cottage redo with my kitchen and on the way noticed how sad my bedroom looked.  It looks exactly how it did when we moved in two years ago except the red burlap curtains came down and I've moved the bed twice.


I found this great bedspread on clearance at Marshall's...

 I love the green and white as a starting point...

My mom reminded my of this fabric I bought to make a quilt a couple of years ago (oh yeah, never made the quilt because I got sidetracked) ...

 

So I started with a simple valance...

 
I think it perked it up a little bit...


then last night I made this little table topper...



now it's starting to come together...


looks like Bear approves.

I have the pillows cut out and I hope to have enough fabric for a small lap quilt...

I'll show you when I'm done...unless I get sidetracked.


Blessings,
Patty


8 comments:

My Cottage Charm said...

Girl, I get side tracked ALL the time...that's why I haven't made my pillows from my fabric I got a while back...I just keep finding other projects that get put on top of my to-do list. LOL Sometimes I think I have ADHD cause I can't seem to get through one project without losing my focus to another one! :) Oh well!
Thanks for sharing your bedroom and for linking up, I'm always glad to see you!
blessings and hugs
Melissa :)

bee'nme said...

Ah, the fun of being sidetracked down a bunny trail...I don't know any other way to function (maybe I'm ADD??) Well, your sidetracking has landed you in a great project...love the progress on your bedroom. The comforter is great and I adore the valance and table topper, and my-oh-my do I love all those coordinating fabrics girl!! It'll be fun to see the project progress...even if it takes you yet again somewhere else!! :o)

I am sure enjoying my visits here!!

Happy Easter if I don't visit with you before!!

Hugs & Blessings,
Becky

Diann said...

First of all...sidetracked?...Me?...Never.....APRIL FOOLS DAY!!

Wow, I can't believe you had those PERFECT fabrics to go along with your new spread! It was meant to be! The colors are great. I love fabric, it can tie everything together so wonderfully!

Anonymous said...

I love your choices in fabrics. Green is such an alive color, yet soothing, too. Your table topper is cute. I think I like the doggie the best, tho. Have a wonderful Easter.

Heather Rogers said...

I get side tracked too. Why do you think I still havent packed and we are moving in 2 weeks? LOL

I love your valance and table topper. You are a great seamstress. I wish my sewing skills were better. Too bad I don't live in Ca or else I would be over for sewing lessons. :)

Robyn said...

I can't believe you did all that so quickly! AMAZING! It all looks gorgeous! ;-) I LOVE the fluffy little pillow you call "bear" on the bed, it's the perfect touch!

Leslie {Goodbye, house. Hello, home!} said...

Hi!
SO nice to meet you!
Thank you for coming over to my home!
Your home is just loverly and so cozy!
I think my side-tracked-ness (is that a word? It is now.) came on my 40th birthday.
It is totally annoying especially in a 3 story house- I get LOTS of exercise going from one floor to the next because I am not with it enough to remember what I left where and why I went in a certain room for something...
SO, you are not alone. To get what you got done : the valance and skirt, is an accomplishment, and the fabric is so happy!
Well, I will be back by for more visits!
Blessings as you make your house a home!

pogonip said...

Sidetracked is my middle name! Looks great already (that topper is awesome) and you're not even finished.