Aug 13, 2010

creative strips...

I actually made the time to sit at my craft table today and cut some fabric…
It’s been my plan for a couple of weeks now but something always comes up.


Before you know it one day turns into a week
and then another month rolls around on the calendar and still no crafting.

It feels so good to accomplish something…
Even just pulling out the fabric and the rulers…

Dusting off my cutting board and popping open my rotary cutter…
can put a smile on my face and make the world seem brighter.

What project have you been putting off getting started on?

Organizing a closet?
Rearranging a room?
Refinishing a piece of furniture?
Starting your fall crafts?
A sewing project?

I dare you to take just 15 minutes today to get started…
You’ll feel better, I promise.

Finally on my way,
Patty

9 comments:

Vanessa said...

That bunny fabric!! Love it! I can't wait to get some crafting done but first...oooorganzing. Lots of it! And cleaning...

trish said...

What a wonderful way to start your day. :o) I absolutely adore your little chair!! Is that a pin cushion?
Sincerely ~ Tricia

Anonymous said...

Seeing is believing daughter dear!!!! I love your fabrics. can't wait to have them belong to me too. love ya mom

Beverly @ My Sew Sweet Studio said...

That is great you got started on something you love to do. Love those vingtage look fabrics. What is your project?
I often spend time sewing when I should be organizing or cleaning.

Anita Diaz said...

Cleaning, lol!!! Funny enough, I have been sewing today! I had to make a table runner and napkins for a table I'm doing this week. I have an apron cut ready to sew, but need just one more piece of the accent fabric, so it's just sitting there. It's cleaning I need to do! I love your fabrics too. I have been looking for something with a vintage look but have not found anything here.

Jillayne said...

Today I worked so nothing to get going on in my corner. I do have a huge pile of things started and not yet completed, as well as a very long To Do List! Next week, sigh!

Heather Rogers said...

Oh I love all those 30's replica fabrics. SO cute. My mil gave me some. I want to make a cute apron out of them. :)

Leslie said...

I'm in the organize everything mood!!!
and have a Kazillion projects going on.
The ones that I have been dreading are the home jobs ~ painting the hallway and bathroom. Yuck.
Love the fabrics.

Becca said...

Glad you had time to play! Sometimes, my work weeks are so stressful and I look forward to the weekend to do something creative, but when the weekend arrives, I'm too tired to do anything! I need to get busy, thanks for the inspiration!