Aug 18, 2009

Easy Peasy Muffins



Okay, let me start out this post right up front with the disclaimer that I am not the world's greatest cook. Oh, I might have watched enough of the food network and bought enough of the right tools to fool you, but don't confuse this with cooking great, gourmet dishes. My husband would be satisfied with a rotation of three staples, spaghetti, burritos (of any kind) and some kind of chicken dish. Throw in a delivered pizza every once and a while and were good to go. That doesn't stop me from pulling out recipes and buying cook books because someday...when I have the time...

This really simple recipe is from a Southern Living magazine (not sure what issue, I ripped it out and filed it) that gave several options for dressing up a basic store bought muffin mix. This one is for blueberry muffins. I happen to have fresh blueberries, (my grandson loves them), so I used them instead of dried as the recipe suggests. I also used my itty bitty muffin pan so that it would make more than the six indicated and I doubled the recipe. No math here just two bags of muffin mix.

Tomorrow night is our final bible study meeting for the summer and we always end with a snack fest and these are my contribution. I can't believe summer is coming to a close, before you know it we will be planning our turkey dinner and Christmas feasts. Let's not rush, let's just enjoy each day, with it's good and bad, thanking God that he has given us a new day, full of grace.

"This is the day that the Lord has made, we will rejoice and be glad in it." Psalm 118:24

Enjoy the day,

Patty

No comments: