Aug 11, 2009

Pocket Full Of Love {D}



I have taken on the challenge to compile twelve 6x6 pages with bible verses for a calendar for 2010. I am even going to commit each verse to memory. For those of you who know me, you know my memory is definitely not my strength. But one month to memorize one verse, come on, even I should be able to manage that. The first page I posted last week was titled, Immutable. Tonight I just finished page two called Pocket Full of Hope. This one is dedicated to my mom who is worried that I have abandoned my love of quilting for this obsession I have with paper.

This page is made using paper-piecing which is definitely a quilting skill and plenty of stitching, which required me to use my sewing machine and yes, even my seam ripper (or un-sewer) as my mom calls it. I lOOOOOve the way it turned out! Please let me know what you think. The stamps I used are from Unity Stamp's July KOM and the paper is Dream Street Paper.

The verse is from Philippians 4:5"Let your gentleness be evidence to all, that the Lord is near." In my summer study on the book of Philippians I discovered that this verse refers to God's judgement upon his return, which is near. We are to behave in a considerate way to everyone, even those who mistreat or persecute us because the final judgement is God's and he will right all wrongs. As Paul says to the Phillipians, "Rejoice and I will say it again, rejoice."

Blessings,
Patty



2 comments:

Unknown said...

I love it all! Your words of inspiration lift my spirit. What a sweet reminder to value the time with family, and that memories can simply be made in your own backyard, on a swing or on a grandparent's lap. Have a beautiful and creative weekend!

Anonymous said...

cute card