Aug 3, 2009

Pressing On {D}





I thought I would share some pictures of my craft room. This is the first time, in the 26 years I have been married, that I have a dedicated area just for me and my stuff! I do appreciate how blessed I am to have it but it is one of those things that can be a double edged sword. I have to be careful that I don't get so caught up in my "creating" that I ignore all else. Not just housework but also time with God. I find it necessary to set aside certain hours of the day (for me it's the morning hours) to be in His word. It takes discipline for me but I know myself, once I check my email then I check my favorite blog sites, then I doodle a card sketch or sort through ribbon, etc. and before I know it the morning is gone. Maybe it's just me...

My scripture today was Phillipians 3:12, "I don't mean to say that I have already achieved these things or that I have already reached perfection. But I press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me." What stood out to me this morning was the phrase "But I press on". What does that mean for me? It means that this is a continuing process. To achieve what God has planned for my life has nothing to do with remembering my past failures or achievements. It is new every day. It is to be in hot pursuit, right now, in this moment. It's active, it's current, it's ongoing. It is nothing spectacular to the world, but it is everything to God. The Scottish minister, George Matheson said, "We conquer-not in any brilliant fashion-we conquer by continuing." In other words, we conquer by pressing on!

Have a blessed day, my fellow conquerors!

No comments: