Aug 22, 2009

New Friends






It never ceases to amaze how God can put people in our lives at just the right time. I have been blessed with several such friends. Some are here just for a season, to pray with or help you through a difficult time. Others are around because they need you to encourage them. Every once in a while God blesses you with someone for the long haul. Someone that a chance circumstance turns into a true friendship.

I have never been afraid to call on someone that inspires me or that I sense a common thread with and God has blessed me for it. I have trekked many miles or simply walked up the block to meet them. Some I have met at the mail box or at the grocery store check out. Each one has added to my life. My advice to all women is to seek out new friendships, take a chance of being turned down for a cup of coffee or an email or phone call. You never know what new friendships await you if you don't go outside your familiar walls of comfort.

I made these cards to have on hand to send out when I sense a friend needs comfort or an encouraging word. The paper is a combination of BoBunny and Mind Minds Eye. The itty bitty nest stamp is from Karen Lockart and colored with copic markers.

Blessings,
Patty

No comments: