Nov 13, 2009

oh, wow...

We made a trip to Sam's Club today to order Emily's first birthday cake. I was in gramma heaven with both Emily and Andrew in the extra wide shopping cart. Since it's no fun for little ones to wait around while a cake is being ordered, I took them for a stroll around the store. Of course, we ended up in the Christmas section...eyes grew wide as we turned up the aisle with all the twinkling lights and Christmas trees...eyes grew even wider as we headed down the aisle with Thomas the train and dollies with strollers..."Oh, wow!" echoed throughout the store as we came upon a three foot high pony..."Oh, wow!" as we passed a dump truck full of building blocks..."Oh, wow!" as we passed a race car track. The pure joy of a child seeing things for the first time and not holding back...not asking for...just totally...amazed. I tell you, it was enough to bring a smile to any scrooges face.

It's been a while since my children were little enough to still be mesmerized by the wonder of it all...it warmed my heart and made me realize that pop pop better bring his wallet next time we head to Sam's Club.

vintage santa picture frame ornaments...

all glittered up...

and tied with a big red bow...

I used my silhouette to cut out the picture frames, distressed them with Aquatic Splash versa magic and vintage photo distress ink, then gave them a dusting of Martha Stewart glitter in green agate. The background paper is Cosmo Cricket and the images are from Crafty Secret.

It's beginning to look alot like Christmas. "Oh, wow!"
Blessings,
Patty

No comments: