Dec 27, 2009

family dynamics...

I don't know about your family but in a family as big as mine, there are bound to be some hurt feelings and maybe even an outburst or two at most family get togethers. Well, this Christmas was no exception...the only exception, is the person who had the outburst...okay, tantrum...that would be me. I have just spent the last hour on the drive home trying to spin this...to find the "yeah, but..." that would let me off the hook but the truth of it is, there is no excuse for behaving poorly. It seems I have stepped out of the lines again, and of course, it was in bright red for all the world to see. I have already apologized to my mom, who graciously supplied some "yeah, but..." excuses for me but I feel like a wretch all the same. The only fortunate part is that I didn't take anyone down with me...I behaved like an idiot all by myself.

Where is the New Year when you need it...



Ignore the irony (family ties...love grows here) but...this is the 5 x 7 canvas I made for mom as part of her Christmas gift. It has a bunch of techniques that I plan on exploring this year...

there is some beaded jewelry work...

some mixed media...paper and fabric...and embroidered details...


If I promise to behave...I hope you'll come back and see a few other gifts that I have wanted to share but couldn't because...they wouldn't have been a surprise for the people who received them.
Keeping it real in the no spin zone...
Patty

No comments: