Dec 14, 2009

The tour, part two...

Okay, where was I? We are moving into the "pink" rooms on the same home tour...My SIL has a split decorating personality...one side retro, funky and one side soft and romantic...


can you guess which side we've entered...

Yes, this is her master bedroom and yes, she makes her bed like this everyday and no, her husband doesn't' mind.

more beautiful baubles and trims...

You must be thinking this all takes A LOT of work...you're right...weeks and weeks of hard, dangerous, ladder climbing work. Every year after it's all done, I make my personal, one on one visit, we sit and I admire and she says, "I don't know if I'll do as much next year", but time has a way of making you forget the work...the time...the sacrifice...the painful, achy joints (sounds a lot like childbirth)...and I know the itch will come again, the crates will come down from the garage and the decorations will go up, even more beautiful than the year before. After so many years it can only be a labor of love.
Did that sound like the tour was over? Oh, no...more to follow.
Blessings,
Patty



No comments: