Dec 3, 2009

new traditions... {D}

Yesterday, Emily and I went on our first "alone" outing together. Since she just celebrated her first birthday, I thought it was time that the two of us started establishing some of our own traditions. We spent the afternoon looking at beautiful stores all decorated for the holidays...we oohed and aahed over the lights and the sparkly ornaments...we were amazed by all the gingerbread men and we bought her first gramma to grandaughter Christmas ornament in what I hope will be an annual event for the two of us. Then we headed off to Target for some more browsing and a quick bite to eat. All in all it was a wonderful afternoon...


Be still and know I am God...

Does your relationship with God ever feel a little dry, like you're in need of a personal revival? I have been feeling like that lately...

A few months ago my SIL gave me a book to read called The Calvary Road by Roy Hession. I've started reading it a few times but it's one of those books that really makes you stop and realize the change that needs to happened in your life to move forward in your walk with God, so I'll put it away until I have more time to really get into the content of it.

Realizing that I will never have the time...I picked it up again with renewed conviction to finish it. I only got through two pages before I was forced to come face to face with an area that I need to change if I hope to have a revival in my relationship with Jesus...

Hessian says, "There is one simple but all-inclusive guide the Word of God gives to regulate our walk with Jesus and to make us know when sin has come in. Colossians 3:15 says, "Let the peace of God rule in your hearts." Everything that disturbs the peace of God in our hearts is sin, no matter how small it is, and no matter how little like sin it may at first appear to be." Wow, that can be an overwhelming thought...to deal with all the things that disturb my peace in any given day...Some days I wouldn't be able to function. He goes on to say, " He (God) will show us, to begin with just one thing, and it will be our obedience and brokenness on that one thing that will be the first step into revival for us."

So my prayer this morning is for God to reveal to me that one thing...my starting point to total revival in my walk and relationship with him.

In hope of a revival,
Patty

No comments: