Dec 22, 2009

staying in the lines... {D}


These cards are from my latest Copic Marker coloring class. Our instructor, Chelle, (she's the best) has been leading us up to coloring in the lines...now if your like me, staying in the lines can be hard to do...sometimes you get carried away and oops, you're out of bounds again. Up until this session we've had the luxury of learning the technique and then cutting out what we colored which is very forgiving cuz you just cut out your oops...Not this time...we had to learn what our boundaries were and stay within them, if you went out, there it was in bright red for all to see.
Sounds a lot like life sometimes...your cruisin along no problem and then bam...your out of bounds...in bright red...for all the world to see.

This is my modified version of the same card...notice I went back to cutting out and around all the oops and mishaps...

Hebrew 8:12 says, "And I will forgive their wickedness, and I will never again remember their sins." I am so thankful for a God who remembers my oops and mishaps no more, if...I confess them to him with a repentant heart. True, the bright red may still be out there for all to see because the consequences still remain...but my forgiveness is secure. My oops and mishaps have been cut out and I am back between my Father's lines.
I hope you all have a blessed Christmas.
Living day by day in His grace,
Patty

1 comment:

Darlene said...

You are doing so well with these Copics!! I'm not even going to try!
Merry Christmas to you & your family! Wishing you blessings from above throughout this holiday season and beyond!